- Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer.
Oh my Heavenly Father, hear my aching heart. Listen to the words my lips cannot speak to you.
- From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
From the end of this rope I’m holding onto without sight of stability, I call only to you. My cramped fingers are stuck to this hard, dry-out rope. Don’t allow my heart to grow faint. Please come. Rescue me. When you arrive, don’t leave so quickly. I need your leadership. Guide me to the rock that is much higher than me.
- For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe.
Lord, you’ve been my faithful refuge for many years and a strong tower against the foe, day and night. He’s back. He torments me in my relationships during the light of day and in my dreams in the darkest of night. With great persistence he prickles my fingers, trying desperately to break my grip.
- I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings. Selah
Oh how I desire relief, to dwell in your presence, in your tent forever. There I would find the refuge my soul seeks, in the shelter of your beautiful comforting wings. Yet, Lord, I don’t believe is time for my story to end. No, not yet.
- For you have heard my vows, O God; you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name.
As for my vows, you know each on. They’ve been recorded in the holy of holies, your heart. O God, you and you alone, through your Son, Jesus Christ, you’ve given me the heritage of those who feared your name. Now, that I’m your daughter, and with that honor, I wait for your fatherly hand to take mine.
- Increase the days of the king’s life, his years for many generations.
Give me more days of life on this earth, if it’s part of the story you’ve written for me. Either way, if my last chapter is coming to a close or more to be lived, bless the years of the many generations which you’ve brought forth and will continue through my lineage.
- May he be enthroned in God’s presence forever; appoint your love and faithfulness to protect him.
May I and those of my family line be establish in your presence forever. Appoint your love and faithfulness to protect us all.
- Then will I ever sing praise to your name and fulfill my vows day after day.
Then and now, I will sing praises to your name as I fulfill my vows day after day until the last chapter of my life comes to a close.
Thank you Father, for your written Word. In Jesus, my Lord and Savior I cling to your promises as I wait for your hand of assurance and help. May each day I live bring glory to your Name, the name above all names.